|Click to enlarge|
- soc : Atheros AR9331 rev 1 MIPS 24kc v7.4
- 64MB DRAM
- 8MB SPI NOR Flash
- One USB2.0 host port
- One debug port - which also is the +5v power input to the board
- ethernet - one 100Mbit/s port - usually used as the wan port
- ethernet - two 100Mbits/s lan ports
- 802.11 b/g/n wifi with a pretty effective built in printed antenna.
- i2c and gpio - these are available via the tiny pads on the pcb
BIG FAT WARNING : The board comes pre flashed and make sure never to touch the u-boot sectors, unless you really know what you are doing. The art partition carries the firmware for the wlan - and make sure this 64k sector is backed up. The wlan interface will not come up if this sector is wiped.
0x000000000000-0x000000020000 : "u-boot" 0x000000020000-0x0000007f0000 : "firmware" 0x0000007f0000-0x000000800000 : "art"
Here is the uboot interrupted and dump the help. The factory flashed uboot already has all the sub functions we need; hence no need to mess with it.
|click to enlarge|
0x9f000000-0x9f01ffff : u-boot 0x9f020000-0x9f7effff : kernel + rootfs 0x9f7f0000-0x9f7fffff : art - atheros firmware
erase 0x9f020000 0x9f7effff
|frash erase - click to enlarge|
- ipaddres 192.168.1.1
- server ip 192.168.1.2
- filename f irmware.bin
setup the tftp server, and make sure the server ip is 192.168.1.2. Connect the ethernel cable to one of the lan ports of som9331. Rename the above file to firmware.bin and:
This will download the firmware.bin file from the tftp server